Laman Utama

17 Julai, 2010

On father's day: I have a dream (...posted by Yasin)

Sent: Sun, 20 June, 2010 10:57:09

   Dear Cliffordians 73/78
     Rather somehow, it would be nice to be brought back to my yesteryears....to my early life as a father. It made me think of the joyful mements I had spent with my daughters. It reminded me of the good old times, we'd been through together. Those days, I didn't have much money ( and now still not much saved though, alas!). I used to give  piggy ride for my girl around the playground, taking her from the swing to the see-saw, making fool of myself in the best way I could. It gave me a sense of pride, holding her in my arms, never failed to give joy and comfort.
    During their childhood, I would take her to Taman DR, taught her to ride a tricycle and the third day was the proudest day when she could ride without my help. She was and always a fast-learner. Oh God!...what a joy to be a father.
    The weekend was allocated for her, building lego and washing my only car together (was I happy to have more cars now....) but now driving alone only to be accompanied by the DJ from the radio.
    I then spent my more challenging years bringing-up the second, but to be with her during weekend, riding motorbike with her in the front-basket was so meaningful. We used to be together admiring the nature, whispering to her that I wanted her to grow up to enjoy life to the fullest. The moment she sded tears as we passed by the cemetery when I used to remind her not to forget to recite prayers at my grave when I am no more around. God...how they grow very fast in front of my eyes and gradually we drifted away........
    Life is a sojourn, my dear Cliffordians
 
Salam Hormat
Yasin Ismail


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan